Sunday, October 3, 2010

Costco Run

There is no more joyous place to the hobbyist sampler than Costco, that magical land of samples all day long (that also costs $50 for a season pass, but we'll ignore that). On a whim, I decided go head over there today to see what I could see (and eat what I could eat).

Odwalla Superfood - That green/brown color is probably the least appealing shade for food ever, and health food already has a bad rap as tasting less than good. Odwalla does blend some good drinks, though. I've always been very fond of their Vanilla Al'Mondo Protein drink. I'm neutral about the flavor and texture in this case, though. It tastes like it can't decide if it wants to be a fruit drink or a vegetable blend. Curious.

Pizza Hot Pocket - Um, it's pizza hot pocket. It tastes pretty much like every other pizza hot pocket. It was also pretty hot.

White Cranberry Peach Juice - Oops. I forgot the brand for this one. Shame, too, since it was really good. I prefer tart drinks, and there was just enough white cranberry to keep me happy. My friend prefers sweet drinks, and there was just enough peach to keep him happy.

Taquito with JalapeƱo sauce - Again, I don't remember the brand name(s) for this/these at all. I'm a terrible sampler. D: It was good. A little on the spicy side for me, but I've never been good with spicy things. Probably perfect for most people.

Apple Pear - It's a fruit that tastes vaguely of apple and vaguely of pear. The texture is also a cross between the two fruit. Very mild, sweet, and juicy. Not really my think (I prefer sour fruits), but my friend sure liked it.

Mac and Cheese - This table was really crowded (go figure), so I didn't actually get to talk to the person and figure out what this even was. It was good, though.

Potato Soup - My favorite from the whole run today. Potato soup made by a local place, and probably made out of delicious. Or something equally good.

No comments:

Post a Comment